Versatility of Hardscapes Ideal for East Hampton Landscapes
Our staff at Hedges & Gardens appreciates the beauty of nature hardscape materials and the functionality they bring to any outdoor space. What would it be like to walk into a East Hampton backyard, no matter how gorgeous the greenery, and not find any paths, seating areas or fencing? It would seem as though you were entering a forest; everything is lovely, but there are no usable areas.
Hardscapes are what tell us where to walk, where the property ends and which areas are designated for visitors to your outdoor space. The options for materials are myriad, and they all can be used in many different ways. Here are some of the beautiful options we can incorporate into your landscape.
Natural Materials to Improve Your Landscape
Because hardscaping materials mostly come from nature, they can blend seamlessly into your landscaped areas to present an organic feel that also happens to highly functional. In East Hampton, we can put any of these options to work in your perfect design:
- Wood: Long the most traditional choice in backyards, wood is available in many different colors, grains and shapes. It still is the preferred choice for decking materials and fencing because it brings a warm, natural feel to any space.
- Stone: There are many types of stone work that can be used as hardscape materials, such as flagstone in a pathway, slate tiles for a patio surface or loose pea gravel in the side yard.
- Concrete: No longer confined to flat, boring and grey, concrete may be stamped or stained contrasting colors and textured to reduce slipperiness. Concrete is a popular material for paver bricks as well.
- Brick: Masonry in various forms lends a rustic, organic beauty to any project it is part of. Old-fashioned red brick makes a lovely seating wall, or an outdoor kitchen might be crafted from fireproof bricks.
- Metal: This material can be crafted into cool, sleek outdoor furniture or wrought into ornate and stately fencing. Metal elements can bring a modern design aesthetic to East Hampton yards.
Hardscaping Adds Dimension to Your East Hampton Property
Now that we’ve sparked your imagination with some of the warm, natural hardscape materials you can use in your dream landscape design, here are some project ideas that you might want to consider:
- Water features: The sound of running water is soothing, so water features add tranquility to your outdoor spaces. We can provide bubbler rocks, loose gravel and more necessities to your water feature vision.
- Paving: Whether you choose concrete walkways, flagstone paths or brick pavers, we can help you delineate your yard into multiple functional spaces.
- Fences: We can provide you the privacy you expect on your own property while adding architectural interest to the margins.
- Walls: Brick, concrete block or stone work walls and seating walls provide containment and structural support in many yards.
- Stairways: Get where you need to go in style with decorative and functional steps.
- Pergolas: Create outdoor rooms and protect your guests from the sun with strategically placed pergolas.
Get the help of a Professional Hardscape Service
We are ready at Hedges & Gardens to help you realize your landscape dreams and turn your backyard into the oasis you’ve been envisioning. Give us a call today to learn how to get started.